I hate this question. Hate it. Its day 2 of NaBloPoMo. The question?
Here. Take a gander.
This question falls into the same category, for me, as “If you could meet anyone alive or dead for tea, who would it be?”.
I’m not quite sure what you are trying to gain from either of those questions. I mean, depending on the conversation situation whether it be a date, job interview, or application, I would change my answer. I can’t very well tell someone I want to work for or a grad school program (unless its for acting) that I want to meet Matt Smith.
“Why Matt Smith” they could ask.
“Well. Because he’s British and cute and played the Doctor on Doctor who and I want to see if he’s that witty and adorable in person.”
Then again, probably shouldn’t say that to someone I’m on a date with either. Unless it’s Matt Smith. Even then, he might be weirded out.
I guess I could say Neil Gaiman. He’s a good choice. I would attempt to spin it in a way as to be less blunt about wanting to know where his creepy ideas came from.
Back to the question at hand. One of the questions that I hate.
I have to consider a lot of other questions that arise with this one. I can’t just blurt something out. And those that can just pick something right away (and I’m guessing you’re one of those people that orders chicken fingers and fries at the restaurant EVERY TIME YOU GO OUT).
– Morning, Afternoon, or Evening? I’m not a breakfast person. If you made me eat in the morning, I wouldn’t be happy and it would be something like ALL THE BACON.
– Can I order just ONE thing? I have a lot of things that I like and a lot of things that I would enjoy tasting before I’m gone.
If it’s just one thing, then I have to think about what I’m really in the mood for.
– If it’s a lot, have I been fasting all day? Is my stomach in peak condition? I don’t want to have an upset belly and I don’t want to be full or even partially full. But I mean, if I KNOW its my last day, then I’m sure I won’t be able to eat something before, I’m… you know… offed.
I guess I’ll get back to the point. Here is my list of things I love that I would probably want to attempt to consume before I’m done for.
– Really really good Panang Chicken
– Snow Crab legs with melted butter
– A baked potato with perfect skin topped with sour cream and butter.
– Swedish Fish
– Chocolate mousse
– Creme Brule
– Steak. Perfect Steak with salt and pepper seasoning… and a bit of A-1
– BBQ Lamb. Not BBQ with the sauce… like BBQ as in roasted over an open fire. People that have been to Croatian day at Kennywood in Pittsburgh know what I’m talking about.
– My grandmother’s potato soup.
– Corn on the Cob
– Salmon. Yummy salmon.
– Hazelnut Gelato from Italy. Don’t try and give me anything from the US. I’ll know, damn it. I’ll know!
– Primantis Cap ‘n Cheese.
I should stop here. I’m making myself hungry and I’m pretty sure the list could go on and on and on and on…..
My real answer? I’d rather not know, thankyouverymuch.